Where today we talk to Jo Rees from the Isle of White. (and just that name gives me an incredible visual of the most gorgeous black & white cow standing on rolling fields or the greenest grass) about her blog post ” Dyslexia 5 Things a Teacher Needs to Know about Working With Dyslexic Pupils”
But any way Jo and I talk about a blog post she has written, just to give you another way to get the information that Jo has to share. Jo is a specialist dyslexic teacher, but I get the feeling that everything she had to say here was her experience talking. Rather than a three foot stack of Scientific studies.
Takeaways from this episode:
- The Isle of white is somewhere below England.
- When Jo was at school she thought she just wasn’t smart enough.
- Lots of kids are really good at hiding that they are having trouble.
- Catch it early don’t wait to fail.
- Dyslexics are their own hardest critics.
“If you have told a child 30 times and they still don’t get it. It is not the child who is the slow learner.” (Walter Barbie)